Made this pasta dish because it was an hour away from my sister’s birthday and I want to surprise her with this dish at the strike of midnight. Pasta with truffle is a dish that few, if any of us, could possibly resist! The pasta is coated with a luscious coating of cream and mozzarella cheese. The fragrance of the black truffles blissfully float in the silky, delicate sauce.
Once you enjoy your first taste of truffles, you’ll forever recognize their earthy flavor and intoxicating aroma. This pasta recipe with prosciutto in black truffle cream sauce is not only amazingly delicious, it’s got a simple beauty to it as well.
Total Prep Time: 15 – 30 mins
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 10 strips of prosciutto, chopped
- 200 grams of spaghetti
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp black truffle oil
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cook the past in a tall pot of boiling water.
- Drain after reaching al dente (when there’s a little bit of a bite to the texture of the pasta). Please save a cup of pasta water to be added to the sauce later.
- While pasta is boiling, melt the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan or frying pan with tall sides.
- Saute garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add the fresh rosemary leaves then the cream
- Add the cooked pasta and mozzarella cheese, toss well, sprinkle with Himalayan pink salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta water before serving. This step will make the entire dish extra decadent and smooth.
Plate and ENJOY the dish!