This is one of my favorite Korean food and since were quarantined, I decided to make one at home! Kimchi-jjigae is a stew-like Korean dish made with kimchi, pork, and other vegetables.
Total Prep Time: 30-45 mins.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3-4 slices of pork belly, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small pack tofu, sliced
- 1 tbsp gochujang or red chilli paste
- 3 pcs garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of chopped spring onions
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until it starts to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until onion begins to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, cover, and boil until pork is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add kimchi, jalapeño, sesame oil, and gochujang; cover and return to a boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add tofu and half the green onions and cook until heated through. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Serve with white rice or noodles and ENJOY!