I’ll share the recipe from what I prepared last week below, but first let’s talk about containers. I can’t tell you how important these are to have on hand because you’re prepping anywhere from 4 – 8 separate meals depending on how much time you have on a Sunday.
I usually use ceramic containers with reusable plastic lids or sometimes, I use microwaveable containers that I also recycle (SAVE MOTHER EARTH! hahaha).
Spicy Chicken in Tomato and Thai Red Curry Sauce
Total prep and cook time: 35-50 mins
- 2 cups organic white quinoa
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 large carrot, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Thai curry paste
- 1 250g can whole tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 small red chillis, finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 thumb ginger, sliced julienne
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 spring onion stems, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried basil and rosemary mix
- 1/2 cup water
1. Cook quinoa based on the box instructions.
2. In a large wok/pan, add 3 tbsp olive oil and bring to heat.
3. Add the chicken breast, cook until slightly brown. Then remove from the heat.
4. Using the same wok/pan, add the remaining olive oil and butter.
5. Then add the garlic, then the onions.
6. Once they are translucent – add the carrots, jalapenos, chillis, spring onions, and ginger. Stir for about two minutes until they are mixed together.
7. Add the cooked chicken breast. Season with salt, pepper and the dried herbs.
8. Add the curry paste and canned tomatoes. Stir until all ingredients are mixed well then add the water.
9. Simmer for about 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
10. Once cooked, portion the quinoa and the chicken to your containers.
Let me know if you like this recipe by commenting below or do you have a recipe that you want me to publish next?
Thank you for reading!