When visiting the Queen City of the South and you are also staying/visiting at the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu, you must try their Signature Six dishes.Along with the Magellan’s Cross, Fort San Pedro and the Jeepneys, food is quintessential component of Cebu City. The city’s status as a cultural melting pot means you can eat your way across the globe within the boundaries of one city, taking in some rather iconic dishes along the way.
At the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu, they have carefully selected six iconic menu that will add to the hotels iconic look. Don’t check out or leave Marco Polo Plaza Cebu without trying…
- ADOBO – This is my favorite among all the other signature dishes! The adobo is an all time favorite Filipino dish. In Café Marco, there’s always a reason to celebrate with their adobo dishes served daily at the buffet. Whether it’s pork, chicken or seafood or vegetables marinated in vinegar, soy sauce and garlic, you are assured to have an adobo fix at Café Marco.
- MANGO CHEESECAKE – This sweet, creamy, topped with luscious Cebu mangoes and with a crust of crushed chocolate chip cookies is one of the best cheesecakes I’ve tried in Cebu.
- MALICIOUS COOKIES – This is the king of all cookies! These maliciously good chocolate chip cookies have received several recognitions and have been hailed as one of the Best Desserts in the Philippines. This is a perfect pair with a cup of hot black coffee.
- ENSAIMADAS – The first time I’ve tried Marco Polo’s ensaimada, it automatically went up to my favorite in Cebu. These afternoon delights are the perfect merienda and pasalubong treats. My favorite is their Ube Ensaimada.. TO DIE FOR!
- SILK ROAD ICED COFFEE – A blended iced frapuccino created from overnight-infused coffee, flavoured with cinnamon syrup and milk, topped with marshmallow and Italian meringues. This blended drink is served with Cinnamon S’mores that is warmed to perfection.
- EARL GRAPE ICED TEA – This beverage was my first featured blog with Marco Polo last year. This delicious iced tea is a combination of elderflower syrup, earl grey tea and seedless green grapes concocted to make this refreshing and utterly delicious drink.
Am I making you salivate?
Start planning your week and tick off all of the Siganture Six! For inquiries and reservations, call (032) 253 1111 local 8249. You may also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, visit their website at http://www.marcopoloplazacebu.com. Fore real time updates, like their Facebook page at facebook.com/marcopolocebu or follow them on Twitter at @5StarInCebu.
Don’t forget to share your Marco Polo experience by commenting below.